Wednesday 26 January 2011

A guide for left handed enhancement shaman




Left handed???

Well yes its very important which hand you do what with. I use the mouse in my left hand so all the keybinds have to be accessible with my right. The easiest way is to use the number pad with my fingers and the direction buttons with my thumb.


My priority list is as follows ( I use Shock and Awe addon)

  1. Searing totem
    This is dropped along with the rest of my totems at the start of the pull and is keybound to 7 on the number pad
  2. lava lash with 4 stack of searing flames.
    This is our biggest hitter and I've had 80k crits from laval lash. I have it set to 4 stack instead of 5 because by the time you react to SaA you will have another stack. Its set to the right direction key and is hit by my thumb. This is because its one of the main spells used during any fight and I need to be able to press it while moving. I have strafe left and strafe right bound to the number keys 1 and 3 so I can move and zerg easily.
  3. MW5 LB
    is bound to number 5 on the number pad
  4. Flame Shock on Boss
    Not really worth it on any none elite because they don't stay alive long enough for the HoT but a good damage boost on a boss. Its bound to 6 on the number pad
  5. Stormstrike
    Another of the most often cast spells during a fight so its bound to the up arrow on the direction buttons and hit with my thumb
  6. Unleashed Elements
    Again a spell I need to get at without thinking so its bound to the left arrow direction button
  7. Shamanistic rage
    I have this in a macro tied to my trink. That way I never miss the buffs from whatever trink I have. Its a fairly long cooldown so its bound to 8 on the number pad.
  8. Earth Shock
    Another very short cooldown so I need to cast it often and its bond to the down arrow on the diction buttons
  9. Feral Spirit
    I tend to use the wolves situationaly when I need a little damage mitigation or for Hero but its nice to have a reminder that they are off cooldown. They are bound to 9 on the number pad.
So the pattern is.... the longer cooldowns and proc abilities are on the number pad and the short on the direction buttons. I never have to look at which button to press because my hand remembers the patters I have to make to get the right combination of buttons. Its very much like playing a guitar. You remember the chord shapes subconsciouly. You dont have to think about them. The other advantage is that the buttons aren't staggered on the number pad like they are on the letter keypad of your board so the chances of hitting the wrong button are vastly reduced. All the buttons you need are in a very small area.

This setup works great for PvP too but I dont use Shock and Awe in PvP.

No comments:

Post a Comment